Yoga and Mindfulness retreat in Tuscany with Satvada Retreats.
Price and booking
“Super-friendly retreats, which will completely reboot your body and mind, whether you’re a yoga buff or a newbie, travelling solo or with a friend.”
Our retreat in short
Nestling deep in quintessential Tuscan countryside, yet under an hour from Pisa airport, we are delighted to have found our perfect Italian retreat: a characterful farmhouse and former Buddhist monastery, with just seven self-contained apartments, perched at the top of a quiet hillside. Views from the terraces and surrounding hillsides are breathtaking, revealing a hilly landscape of unspoiled forestland and vineyards. This is a true retreat, and one for you if you’re looking for a rural escape during which we will explore different aspects of nurturing yoga and mindfulness, combined with truly scrumptious home-cooked, locally sourced Italian cuisine, optional on-site ayurvedic massages, and a half-day trip to the nearby coast.
This retreat may be for you if you are:
- Looking to go away on a retreat that combines yoga and mindfulness, but requires no prior experience.
- Seeking to take time out for your own wellbeing, in a holistic, nurturing environment.
- Anyone new to yoga, mindfulness or meditation looking for a relaxed, informal setting.
- Seeking to practice yoga and mindfulness together.
- Comfortable en-suite apartment with a charming and rustic, rather than luxury, feel. Apartments can be for solo use (strictly limited) or shared with one other known guest.
- Three yoga and mindfulness classes over most days, excluding the first and last day of the retreat. On the day of the half-day beach trip, there will just be one morning class.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the first day, dinner will be included; on the last day, breakfast will be included. On our half-day out to the beach, lunch will be excluded, as we’ll try out a local restaurant or cafe.
- Half-day trip to a nearby beach (meal excluded).
On this retreat, we’ll be offering three practice periods on the average day: two yoga and mindfulness sessions of 90 minutes each – one in the morning, one early evening. Also: a 30-minute before-lunch mindfulness class. All sessions are entirely optional and tailored for all levels.
Typically, each morning class will be more active and flowing by nature; evening class will explore soft, contemplative elements of the yoga tradition such as yoga nidra (deep guided relaxation, enjoyed lying down) and super-gentle restorative yoga. All will be underpinned by mindfulness: an invitation to attend to our present moment experience with gentleness and curiosity.
On one day of the retreat, there will be just one class in the morning – the rest of the day will be dedicated to taking a trip to the nearby seaside.
A typical day (may change)
On retreat, your days will mostly look something like this (please note: on the day of the arranged half-day trip to the coast, there will be no classes):
7.45-9.15am: Mindful yoga
12.30-1pm: Mindfulness session
1.30pm: Light Lunch
4.30pm: Afternoon tea
5.45-7.15pm: Gentle yoga, mindfulness
7.30pm: Three-course evening dinner
Satvada co-founder Lucia Cockcroft will teach this retreat. Lucia has been practising yoga and meditation for over 20 years and teaching for eleven. Lucia has a deep love of yoga and mindfulness, aiming to deliver classes in a nourishing, inclusive way. Her yoga classes are informed by her own yoga and meditation practice, underpinned by mindful awareness and the breath.
Over the years, she has been privileged to have enjoyed teachings, retreats and training from well known yoga and meditation teachers such as Judith Lasater, Bo Forbes, Sarah Powers, Jon Kabat-Zinn and Christina Feldman. Most recently, she has participated in retreats and trainings led by Uma, Martin Aylward, Mindfulness in Schools and Bangor University (studying Mindfulness Based Approaches at postgraduate level for two years). She is ia long-term student of London yin teacher, Norman Blair.
Please book directly with www.satvada-retreats.co.uk
Accommodation is split between just seven apartments. Each apartment is beautifully designed (comfortable rather than luxurious) and comes complete with a lounge area, bedroom, kitchenette and private bathroom.
Earlybird: £949 per person
Standard: £999 per person
Earlybird: £799 per person
Standard: £899 per person
Earlybird: £699 per person
Standard: £799 per person